Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
The Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum is operated by the Loxahatchee River Historical Society, Inc. The Society is responsible for the restoration and maintenance of the historic 1860 Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and 120-acre public grounds and pathways, focusing on native Florida landscaping. The lighthouse itself was designed by then Lieutenant George G. Meade of the Bureau of Topographical Engineers and was subsequently modified by Lieutenant William Raynolds. The top of the 105-foot tower is 153 feet above sea level. The light can be seen for 24 nautical miles (28 miles) at sea. Learn more here.
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Museum
The Loxahatchee River Historical Society opened the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Museum in 1973. The historic 1860 Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Oil House, 1892 George Washington Tindall House, 1929 Lighthouse Keeper’s Workshop and the 1940 WII Naval Housing Building make up the museum, which archives/collects and conserves photographs, documents, maps, books, artifacts and furniture for display and research. Their goal is to engage with and connect visitors of all ages to their astounding 5,000-year history and the spectacular nature of the Jupiter Inlet. They get over 80,000 visitors every year. Admission is $12 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12 and kids 5 and under are free. Learn more about Jupiter Beach Park In Jupiter, Florida.